Pranayama – Extending Your Breath In Many Ways
February 25, 2018
Pranayama is complete breathing exercise which is a part of yoga. Those practising pranayamas feel energetic throughout the day.
The practice of pranayama is beneficial in treating a range of stress-related disorders, relieving symptoms of asthma. It is also effective for depression cure.
Benefits of Pranayama
- Certain pranayamas are excellent for weight loss
- Pranayamas shows the change in cardiovascular respiration which helps in reducing the blood pressure
- Release stress and depression and build up self-confidence.
Morning is the best time to practice pranayamas. let us see three pranayamas today.
Anulom – Vilom Pranayam
This is very simple pranayama that anyone can do at any age.
- sit straight with back erect in padmasana, now put the left hand in dyana mudra.
- With the right hand close the first two fingers, now close the right nostril with right thumb and breath from left nostril.
- Then close the left nostril with middle and ring finger and breath out from left nostril.
- Now breath deeply with right nostril and close the right nostril and breath out deeply through the left nostril and repeat the same for 15 – 20 times.
- Initially start doing for 10 times then slowly you can increase the count.
- your breathing should be up to lungs, not in the stomach
Benefits of Anulom – Vilom
- It calms your mind helps to improve the functioning of your lungs.
- It improves your concentration.
- Helps prevent Diabetes and keep diabetes under control.
- Anulom Vilom pranayama should be practised on an empty stomach.
- It should be done in the morning or evening, if practised after food you should maintain a gap of 4 – 5 hours
In this, the body gets the maximum amount of oxygen due to complete inhaling and exhaling breathing.
- Take a deep breath with both nostrils fill the lungs with air and exhale with a hissing sound.
- Inhale deeply and Exhale completely
- Do this for 20 times and gradually increase the count to 50 times with a pause of 5 minutes in between.
Benefits of Bhastrika Pranayama
- It cures Throat infection and increases apatite.
- It gives strength to lungs
Kapalbhati is a form of cleansing technique which helps in removing toxins from the body
- Sit straight with spine erect in dhyana mudra.
- Inhale deeply with both the nostrils until your lungs are full of air.
- Now, exhale through both nostrils forcefully making his sound so your stomach will go inside.
- You will feel the contraction in your stomach.
- Repeat the same for 5 minutes, on a regular practice you can increase the time.
Benefits of Kapalbhati
- Increases digestion and improve the functioning of kidney and liver.
- Daily practice of Kapalbhati will cure all intestinal problems.
- It also improves blood supply to various parts of the body.
Surya Namaskar- Perfect Yoga
Tags: breathing exercise
, breathing problems
, deep breath
, deep breathing exercises
, difficulty breathing
, hatha yoga
, kundalini yoga
, yoga breathing exercises