Annoyed by white flaky scalp and itching sensation? Then don’t worry we have provided some simple dandruff home remedies here. Most of the people who are suffering from dandruff are worried to wear black clothes. We have found some best solutions to treat your dandruff problems with the ingredients lying in the kitchen. Check some top dandruff home remedies that give effective and long-lasting results.
Why we get Dandruff?
Dandruff is mainly caused by a fungus called Malassezia which grows on your scalp which results in shedding of your scalp skin. Dandruff is of two types
- Dryness of the scalp
- Excessive Production of oil in the scalp
Check some of the reasons why dandruff grows on your scalp
- Having an improper diet
- Irregular or infrequent shampooing
- Parkinson’s disease, eczema, etc
- Combing your hair in an irregular way
You can easily overcome dandruff problems by following the dandruff home remedies given below. For better results, you can try these natural home remedies for dandruff twice a week.
Olive oil and neem leaves
Ingredients you need
- Olive oil – 4 tablespoons
- Dried neem leaves
How to prepare the hair mask?
- Take some few dried nee leaves and grind them into a fine powder
- Now take a bowl and add 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Add neem powder to olive oil and
- Mix them until they are mixed properly
- Apply this paste on your scalp and leave it about an hour
- Wash your hair with regular shampoo and
- Don’t forget to apply conditioner after washing your hair
2. Lemon and Baking Soda
Ingredients you need
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice – 3 tablespoons
- Baking Soda – 3 tablespoons
- Apple cider vinegar (optional)
Dandruff home remedies preparation using lemon and baking soda
- Take a clean bowl and add lemon and baking soda
- Mix them thoroughly until you got a thick paste
- Apply the paste on your scalp and leave it for one hour
- Wash your hair with normal water and
- Apply apple cider vinegar as hair conditioner
3. Yogurt Mask and Lemon Juice
- All you need is one cup of plain yogurt and
- One Lemon
How to apply this mask?
- Take a bowl and add yogurt to the bowl
- Squeeze half slice lemon into it
- Mix the two ingredients and
- Apply this pack to your scalp
- Leave it for 3o minutes and shampoo your hair with normal water.